Prezi: When to use it and when PowerPoint is a better option
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.7.4″ header_2_font=”Merriweather|900|on||||||”]
Since it’s release in 2009, the new kid on the block has caught the curious eye of regular presenters in the corporate world. People regularly ask us at Persuaders; what it is and how, when can they use it. But should they really be using it for that upcoming data heavy investor presentation?
- Encourages presenters to identify one clear message for their presentation
- Flexibility/Non-linearity – Allowing the presenter to choose their own paths
- Zoom functionality
- Ability to embed flash (cool animations)
- Great integrations of multimedia (Prezi can play YouTube videos without opening a new window)
- No compatibility issues between Mac and PC
- Collaboration features helps when working with others
- Too much zooming can not only have a nauseating affect on your audience but may also distract them from your message
- Limited selection of backgrounds to choose from and each has pre-chosen fonts and colours that can’t be changed
- No speaker notes
- Requires training
- Cost is use Prezi offline on your desktop is $159 per year
When You Should and Shouldn’t Use Prezi
So, when should you use it? To get the best use of Prezi and it’s unique canvas/zoom functionality, we suggest using it for when you have a high level idea to present; maybe a one off motivational speech or ‘Celebrating 50 years’ presentation where you’d like to show a company history/progress on a timeline. Prezi doesn’t work so well however, when you have data and copy heavy slides to present, like in your sales presentation, marketing plans and training material. Here we suggest using a traditional presentation tool, such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
At the end of the day though Prezi is also just a tool! Whatever you choose to use, remember to have a story, don’t clutter your slides, use imagery and rehearse. For more presentation tips click here.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_cta title=”See how you can define your presentation’s purpose in only 5 minutes ” button_url=”https://persuaders.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Persuaders_Presentations-Worksheet-Checklist.pdf” url_new_window=”on” button_text=”Get your guide today” admin_label=”CTA – See how you can define your presentation’s purpose in only 5 minutes (Presentation) ” _builder_version=”4.7.4″ header_font=”Merriweather|900|||||||” body_text_align=”left” body_line_height=”1.5em” background_image=”https://persuaders.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PER_CTA-Graphics-Worksheet-443×338-3.jpg” background_size=”contain” background_position=”bottom_right” custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#0849de” button_bg_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color_gradient_start=”#afe1ff” button_bg_color_gradient_end=”#0849de” button_bg_size=”contain” button_bg_position=”center_right” button_border_width=”0″ button_border_radius=”40″ button_icon=”%%72%%” button_alignment=”left” text_orientation=”left” custom_margin_tablet=”5px|5px|5px|5px” custom_margin_phone=”NaNpx|NaNpx|NaNpx|NaNpx” custom_margin_last_edited=”off|desktop” link_option_url=”https://persuaders.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Persuaders_Presentations-Worksheet-Checklist.pdf” link_option_url_new_window=”on” body_line_height_tablet=”” body_line_height_phone=”1.7em” body_line_height_last_edited=”on|phone” button_text_size_tablet=”17″ button_text_size_phone=”14″ button_text_size_last_edited=”on|phone” global_module=”28771″ saved_tabs=”all”]
Learn how to clean up that messy presentation
- A five minute worksheet that helps you pinpoint that
- Transform clutters of information into clear and
- Win over audiences with a compelling visual