AN INTRODUCTION TO SLIDE SHARE
Meet SlideShare. SlideShare is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations, documents, infographics and professional videos. Though it was originally just meant to be an easy way to share presentations during conferences it has since grown into a viral content marketing network that can help individuals and businesses generate new leads.The opportunities on the platform are many, but people have yet to tap into its full potential. Hence, SlideShare has been called content marketing’s sleeping giant!
So let us give you the low down… KEY STATS
- 21 million registered users
- 50,000 slideshows uploaded weekly
- 60 million unique visitors a month
- 7 minutes – average time on site
- 273rd most popular site on the internet
- Voted one of the top 10 tools for education and e-learning in 2010
With over 60 million visitors a month, SlidesShare provides brands an opportunity to expand their online presence and engage with a wider, international audience. It’s categorised directory also means your content can easily be found by the right people. One of our favourite features is the ability to include clickable hyperlinks in presentations – directing people from the presentation to your website contact page, form or lead page. SlideShare’s Pro account goes one better; giving users the ability to include pop up forms to appear within the SlideShare page (either after slide 10 or at the very end of the presentation). After you’ve collected leads, it’s easy to download a CSV and upload it to your database. HOW TO GET TRAFFIC TO YOUR PRESENTATION IN THE FIRST PLACE?
- Optimise your presentation for search engines by including keywords it’s title and description. SlideShare also automatically transcribes the copy within your presentation, so make sure inject keywords throughout the slides
- Connect with other members
- Embed your presentation to your blog and website
- Share your presentation on various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google + and Pintrest
So there you have it – a short introduction to SlideShare as more than merely a document sharing platform but as a powerful lead generation tool. Sign up for a free account and start uploading. And if you need help designing your presentation – feel free to send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free, non-obligation quote. Happy sharing.
This is an archived post from our predecessor The JOB Creative.
Which presentation software best suits your need?
With so many options to choose from,
do you know where to start?
- Don't spend hours working on a program that doesn't
suit your needs
- A mere 60 second quiz to find the perfect presentation
software for you
- Find the perfect program that meets your core needs